Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Dushshantha Chandaradasa <du...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/21 11:06:03 UTC

suffixes for end points of the test client codes.

Hi,

I would like to suggest that it is better if we can use Doc as a
suffix when we are having document style end points and no suffix when
it is a rpc one .

Eg:  RPC cal: http://localhost:80/axis/Calculator
       Doc cal : http://localhost:80/axis/CalculatorDoc

In the test client codes, the same end point
http://localhost:80/axis/Calculator is used for both doc and rpc style
calculator which courses bit confusion.

Thanks,
Dushshantha...

Re: suffixes for end points of the test client codes.

Posted by Andrew Perry2 <PE...@uk.ibm.com>.
Whilst I agree that the default endpoint in the client test code should be
correct and consistent the Ant test framework always overrides the default
endpoint with the endpoint specified in the test properties files.
Unfortunately some of the WSDLs have the same endpoint for both RPC Encoded
and Document Literal versions of the service.

Regards,

Andrew Perry
IBM Web Services Client for C/C++
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080

             John
             Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB
             MGB                                                        To
                                       "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
             21/03/2005 10:13          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: suffixes for end points of the
             Developers List"          test client codes.

+1

If we don't instigate this scheme we can never test rpc and doc on the same
server.

Can we instigate this post 5.1 please.

 Dushshantha Chandaradasa
 <du...@gmail.com>
                                                Apache AXIS C Developers
 21/03/2005 10:06                               List
                                                <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
            Please respond to
     "Apache AXIS C Developers List"                               Subject

Posted by John Hawkins <ha...@uk.ibm.com>.
+1

If we don't instigate this scheme we can never test rpc and doc on the
same server.

Can we instigate this post 5.1 please.

Dushshantha Chandaradasa <du...@gmail.com>
21/03/2005 10:06