Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Weaver, Scott" <Sw...@rippe.com> on 2003/10/31 18:43:50 UTC

RE: Can I use Stored Procedure to return a result set for use in Jets peed

Celeste,

For creating portlets, you can use anything you like to get information.  I used OJB exclusively for any object persistence through a RDBMS.  I also have report portlets that do straight JDBC calls to an iSeries (AS/400).  So, yes, you can implement data access in whatever manner you like.

Will you be allowed to use the existing/standard Jetspeed database schema for User/Roles/Groups and security?  Or do you have to conform to some other standard for authentication/authorization.  I have done both and have them working side by side in my security event pipeline. I plan on donating the pipeline into 1.5, but I could get you the code sooner if you have implement a complicated/delegated security architecture.

hth,
| Scott T Weaver                 |
| <we...@apache.org>            |
| Apache Jetspeed Portal Project |