Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/03/22 17:10:02 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/targets compile-build.xml docs-build.xml forrest-build.xml ide-build.xml init-build.xml samples-build.xml test-build.xml validate-build.xml webapp-build.xml

stephan@apache.org wrote:
> stephan     2003/03/22 07:05:39
>
>   Modified:    .        build.new.xml
>                src/targets compile-build.xml docs-build.xml
>                         forrest-build.xml ide-build.xml init-build.xml
>                         samples-build.xml test-build.xml validate-build.xml
>                         webapp-build.xml
>   Log:
>   Using the <import> statement, which Ant 1.6+ offers. Solving load issues
>   by using the basedir property.

This breaks the ability for people to use built-in ant support for many
IDEs since they don't ship unreleased code (and we shouldn't either!)

Now, in the spirit of stop building on sand, I wanted to propose to ship
the lastest ant release.

Is anybody against that?

Stefano.

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> stephan@apache.org wrote:
> > stephan     2003/03/22 07:05:39
> >
> >   Modified:    .        build.new.xml
> >                src/targets compile-build.xml docs-build.xml
> >                         forrest-build.xml ide-build.xml init-build.xml
> >                         samples-build.xml test-build.xml validate-build.xml
> >                         webapp-build.xml
> >   Log:
> >   Using the <import> statement, which Ant 1.6+ offers. Solving load issues
> >   by using the basedir property.
>
> This breaks the ability for people to use built-in ant support for many
> IDEs since they don't ship unreleased code (and we shouldn't either!)
>
> Now, in the spirit of stop building on sand, I wanted to propose to ship
> the lastest ant release.
>
> Is anybody against that?

Okay, not bledding edge :-/   *ahh, headaches* ;-)