Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/31 17:21:56 UTC

Happy new year !

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I wish you an Happy New Year ! I hope that 2008 will be way better than
2007, with less wars, less bugs and less cholesterol :)

I also wish that we will get new versions to the public, new features,
and get more and more (happy) users, some more committers, and also some
more documentation ;)

2007 was pretty good from the projects' perspective, with seven new
committers :
 - Martin Alderson (ADS)
 - Martin Bosteels (MINA)
 - Chris Custine (ADS)
 - Jeff Genender (MINA),
 - Niklas Gustavsson (MINA)
 - Mike Heath (MINA)
 - Felix Knecht (ADS)
 - Mark Webb (MINA)

We also voted for 4 new PMCs :
 - Chris Custine (ADS committers + PMC)
 - Christine Koppelt (ADS PMC)
 - Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot  (ADS PMC)
 - Stefan Seelmann (ADS PMC)

Alex Karasulu was also crazy enough to let me become the ADS project
Chairman, I wish I did not do too bad ...

Last, not least, we have seen some of our projects' committers being
accepted as Apache members :
 - Alan Cabrera
 - Jeff Genender
 - David Jencks
 - Trustin Lee
 - and myself

So this is it ! We are done with Year-2.0.0-7, get ready for
Year-2.0.0-8-RC1 !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Happy new year !

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> I wish you an Happy New Year ! I hope that 2008 will be way better than
> 2007, with less wars, less bugs and less cholesterol :)

Hmmm...with you being from France...that cholesterol thing may be a
tough one ;-)

Happy new year to you guys too and am glad to be helping out.

Jeff

Re: Happy new year !

Posted by Yeliz Eseryel <ye...@alum.syracuse.edu>.
Happy New Year Everyone!
I hope it will be a great year for each of you personally and for the project!

Here's my new year's eve resolution(hehehe): Eat, drink, party a lot
and smoke a good cigar!
New year resolution: finish dissertation and see these projects prosper!

Take care and have lots of fun tonite!
I hope I will meet more of you guys in person in 2008.

Yeliz (For those of you who don't know me, I am an Open Source
Software researcher studying a few Apache and Sourceforge projects
including Directory.)

--
Yeliz Eseryel
Ph.D Student in Information Science & Technology

Uğur Yeliz Eseryel
Bilişim Bilimi ve Teknolojisi Doktora Öğrencisi
Siraküs Evrenkenti :)

TÜRKÇE KONUŞ!!!!
evde, arabada, kafede, okulda, genel ağda [internet], telefonda,
arkadaşınla, ailenle, öğretmenlerinle, müdürünle, dostunla, mesaj
yazarken, mektup yazarken, e-posta yazarken, olay anlatırken, kitap
anlatırken, dedikodu yaparken, öğrenirken, öğretirken, sorarken,
cevaplarken TÜRKÇE KONUŞ...

Re: Happy new year !

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Dec 31, 2007 11:21 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's cool to be able to say Ladies in the greeting.  Not many projects can
say that.

> I wish you an Happy New Year ! I hope that 2008 will be way better than
> 2007, with less wars, less bugs and less cholesterol :)

+1

> I also wish that we will get new versions to the public, new features,
> and get more and more (happy) users, some more committers, and also some
> more documentation ;)

+1

Re: Happy new year !

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Dec 31, 2007 11:21 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's cool to be able to say Ladies in the greeting.  Not many projects can
say that.

> I wish you an Happy New Year ! I hope that 2008 will be way better than
> 2007, with less wars, less bugs and less cholesterol :)

+1

> I also wish that we will get new versions to the public, new features,
> and get more and more (happy) users, some more committers, and also some
> more documentation ;)

+1