Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Josep Maria Brunetti <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/02 11:03:53 UTC

Possible bug importing RDF Data?

I'm new to this list, so hello all :)

I want to use Marmotta in a project but I have a problem when importing
data. I'm trying to import a RDF resource via the Admin UI. The data is
correctly imported and I can query it using SPARQL. However, these
resources are sometimes listed in the "Data Views" page and sometimes they
are not. I have been testing with different resources and I think that the
problem is when the resource has the property "rdf:type", then it is not
listed as a resource.

These are the RDF examples I've been using:

RDF 1, resource is not listed:
*@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#
<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>> .*
*@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>> .*
*@prefix ns0:
<http://rhizomik.net/ontologies/PlantDiseases+PestsOntology.owl#
<http://rhizomik.net/ontologies/PlantDiseases+PestsOntology.owl#>> .*

*<http://rhizomik.net/Pests#PestTest <http://rhizomik.net/Pests#PestTest>>*
*  rdfs:label "Pest Test" ;*
*  ns0:symptom ns0:Blight ;*
*  ns0:vector ns0:Graft ;*
*  rdf:type
<http://rhizomik.net/ontologies/PlantDiseases+PestsOntology.owl#Vector
<http://rhizomik.net/ontologies/PlantDiseases+PestsOntology.owl#Vector>> .
 *

RDF2, resource is listed (same example without rdf:type)
*@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#
<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>> .*
*@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>> .*
*@prefix ns0:
<http://rhizomik.net/ontologies/PlantDiseases+PestsOntology.owl#
<http://rhizomik.net/ontologies/PlantDiseases+PestsOntology.owl#>> .*

*<http://rhizomik.net/Pests#PestTest <http://rhizomik.net/Pests#PestTest>>*
*  rdfs:label "Pest Test" ;*
*  ns0:symptom ns0:Blight ;*
*  ns0:vector ns0:Graft.  *

I have the same problem with other RDF files and I think it's the same
situation. I am interested in having the resources listed so I can have
versioning, delete them, etc. I've been reading the wiki and documentation
but I can't find anything related.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Josep Maria Brunetti Fernández
Universitat de Lleida - Escola Politècnica Superior (EPS) -
C\ Jaume II 69, 25001 Lleida, Spain

Re: Possible bug importing RDF Data?

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Josep,

the format is determined using content-negotiation - if you request a
resource using e.g. an Accept-Header of "text/turtle" you will get
turtle:

curl -H "Accept: text/turtle"
"http://localhost:8080/marmotta/resource?uri=http%3A%2F%2Frhizomik.net%2FPests%23PestTest"

The browser view is only the html-serialisation of the resource, since
your browser is sending "Accept: text/html"

If you want to download a complete context/named graph, you can use
the Export service where you can explicitly choose the format:
http://localhost:8080/marmotta/core/admin/export.html

Best,
Jakob

Posted by Josep Maria Brunetti <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jakob,

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Josep,

Posted by Josep Maria Brunetti <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jakob,

[...]

-->

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Josep,

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Josep,

sorry - I can't reproduce your error. Starting with a clean
installation of Marmotta 3.2.1, I imported both your examples and the
resource is listed in the dataview.

The dataview is basically just running pre-defined SPARQL-Queries and
then renders the result. It would be great if you could have a look
into the queries that are sent out for further investigation?

Hope that helps.

Best,
Jakob