Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jeroen <j_...@hotmail.com> on 2000/08/11 14:06:18 UTC

newbie: problem with

Hi,

why doesn't this work?

this:

<target name="clean" depends="init">
  <delete dir="com" includes="*.java" />
</target>

responds with:

C:\myproject>ant clean
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\myproject
BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Configuration property "dir" does not have a set
ass org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Delete
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Configuration property "dir" do
a setMethod in class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Delete
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configure(ProjectHelpe
iled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTasks(Project
 Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTargets(Proje
a, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(Proje
a:127)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java, Compiled Co
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java, Compiled Code)

anyone any idea?

Note: the manual defines a parameter includes (with an S) for the task
delete and gives an example with parameter include (without an S)! I've
tried both but that doesn't seem to be the probleem.

greetings jeroen

Re: newbie: problem with

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 J> Hi, why doesn't this work?

What does ant -version say?

Given the stack trace you've posted, you are running Ant pre
1.1. Maybe even a version that didn't support the attribute to
delete. Check your CLASSPATH to make sure you really use the version
of Ant you think it should be.

 J> Note: the manual defines a parameter includes (with an S) for the
 J> task delete and gives an example with parameter include (without
 J> an S)!

Don't know when this has been fixed, but it is now (CVS version).

Stefan