Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "balaji.m.cs" <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/02 11:02:39 UTC

chaining actions

Hi all
         I am using struts 1.3.5 for my web tire and im using springs for my
other business operations. I am in need of two actions to be chained
(coupled) to accomplish a task in a senario... say

           i have to chain the /addreview to  /showfriendsEmail url so i
have used the struts-config to achive it
        every thing is working fine when i use redirect=true (which is
simillar to sendRedirect) if i left that attribute in my forward tag its
throwing no bean specified.

 i suspect that its due to both the actions have bean handled by same form
bean object with different instance names say reviewform and emaillistform
can any one suggest me a way to solve this.
     why i suspect is i am chaining the /addreview to /showuserregistration
with out any redirect attribute which is workin fine but it uses different
form bean object.

 <form-bean name="reviewform" type="hca.form.review.ReviewBean"/>
 <form-bean name="emaillistform" type="hca.form.review.ReviewBean"/>
<form-bean name="userform" type="hca.form.user.UserBean"/>

 <action path="/addreview"
                type="org.springframework.web.struts.DelegatingActionProxy"
                name="reviewform"
                scope="session"
                input="AddReviewDef"
                validate="true">
            <forward name="showUserRegistrationPage"
path="/showuserregistration.html" />
            <forward name="showInvitationPage" path="/showfriendsEmail.html"
redirect="true"/>
        </action>

 <action path="/showfriendsEmail"
            type="org.springframework.web.struts.DelegatingActionProxy"
            name="emaillistform"
            validate="false"
            scope="session">
            <forward name="showFriendsEmailPage" path="FriendsEmailPageDef"
/>
        </action>

 <action path="/showuserregistration"
             type="org.springframework.web.struts.DelegatingActionProxy"
             name="userform"
             validate="false"
             input="UserRegistrationDef"
             scope="session">
             <forward name="showRegistrationPage"
path="UserRegistrationDef"/>
             <forward name="showEditRegistrationPage"
path="EditRegistrationDef"/>

        </action>