Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eguzki Astiz Lezaun <eg...@tid.es> on 2007/10/01 17:20:28 UTC

Maven multilple dependency

Hello,

In our project, we have two different modules separated into two eclipse
projects. We use ant for project compilation, packaging and deployment.
Dependency management is achieved using maven inside ant build.xml script.

One of the modules depends on the other, i.e. module B depends on module
A. Therefore, in the pom.xml file of module B we have something like:

<dependency>
            <groupId>my.company</groupId>
            <artifactId>moduleA</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.0</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

 When we want module B to use the new features we implemented in module
A, we have to change the version of module A in pom.xml file and deploy
module A in the local maven repository. After that, when module B
calculates dependencies, it takes the newest version of module A. That's
ok for production environment, but during development it is
unconfortable to work in that way.

We would like to include dependencies of module A in module B with no
need to deploy it in the maven repository.

In order to achieve that we would like to include module A's pom file as
an "include" in the pom file of module B. That way, module B can compute
and gather all the dependencies (needed libraries at runtime) taking
into account dependencies of module A. After that, using ant tasks, we
could include moduleA.jar file in the classpath of module B.

We are looking for a way to achieve this. Any other way to avoid
deploying of moduleA is also welcome.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,

Eguzki Astiz Lezaun