Posted to users@ace.apache.org by ghania ferrag <gf...@yahoo.ca> on 2013/11/28 20:36:32 UTC

Repository-OBR replication

Hi Marcel, Hi every one,

I have been working on WEB UI that connect to ACE server using ACE Client REST API.
I'm wondering if there is a way on how to replicate the ACE OBR.
In case of server failure, we have to replicate all what's in ACE OBR.

Thank you in advance for your response,
My Best Regards,
Ghania

Re: Repository-OBR replication

Posted by ghania ferrag <gf...@yahoo.ca>.
Hi Bram,

Thank you very much for your response and the information your provided.

My Best Regards,
Ghania

Posted by Bram de Kruijff <bd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ghania,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 8:36 PM, ghania ferrag <gf...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Hi Marcel, Hi every one,
>
> I have been working on WEB UI that connect to ACE server using ACE Client REST API.
> I'm wondering if there is a way on how to replicate the ACE OBR.
> In case of server failure, we have to replicate all what's in ACE OBR.

In essence the ACE OBR is just a folder on the filesystem and the
repository.xml is dynamically recreated when something changes. ACE
OBR does not provide a feature to replicate, but any standard means
available to replicate that folder is an option.  For example a highly
available and/or replicated filesystem, rsync, or some custom
scripting. I guess it would be wise to exclude the repository.xml from
the replication set.

Then an ACE artifact is only loosely coupled to the OBR by means of an
absolute (resource) url. So if you have an ACE server with an artifact
that reference a resource by means of an url like
"http://obr1.my.domain/obr/somebundle.jar" and host obr1.my.domain
fails you will have to switch that host to a standby server. Again,
there is no specific ACE feature but many options are available. For
example a checking loadbalancer, or a watchdog script and some dns
trickery.

> Thank you in advance for your response,

Hope this helps :)

Best Regards,