Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by kaiontour <ka...@mcs-ag.de> on 2010/03/30 10:39:17 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.3.1 WebApplicationContext does not start with port different to 61616

Hello,

I changed the port from 61616 to 23000 in activemq.xml:

       <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="tcp://localhost:23000"/>
        </transportConnectors>

When I then start activemq.bat it starts normally but does go throught the
"Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext" process. It just stops.
When going to 61616 again, it works.

It does not work with any other port then 61616.

It is working in 5.3.0.

Any suggestions or is this a bug?

Thx
Kai

Re: ActiveMQ 5.3.1 WebApplicationContext does not start with port different to 61616

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi Kai,

the problem is a workaround for 5.3.1 that now instructs camel and camel web
console to use tcp connector to talk to the broker.

Just add something like

    <bean id="activemq"
class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent" >
        <property name="connectionFactory">
                <property name="brokerURL"
value="vm://localhost?create=false&amp;waitForStart=10000" />
                <property name="userName" value="${activemq.username}"/>
                <property name="password" value="${activemq.password}"/>
            </bean>
        </property>
    </bean>

in webapps/camel/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml

and conf/camel.xml (if you use camel)

and you should be fine. We'll fix it for the next release.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net