Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stuart Belden <SB...@bjc.org> on 2003/05/07 17:31:18 UTC

Re: How to "order by" tab-pane ?

I've found that using the Portlet Browser to try and control where tabs show up is pretty error prone.  I'd suggest exporting the PSML of the pane you're trying to organize, editing it by hand to put them in the order you want, and importing it back into the PSML database.

I suspect reordering them by hand will force the system to open the first tab in the list by default, but if it doesn't, post the psml you're working with and I may be able to help you out.

hth,
stu

>>> daniela.mercadante@softeco.it 05/07/03 04:28AM >>>
Daniela Mercadante Softeco Sismat SHi,
I'm using the tab pane mode for listing my portlet in a page, but I noticed
strange behaviours (I believe the reason is that when the system has to
handle too many portlets loose some settings...is it possible?)

I'd like to order tabs in a particular order i.e. for importance,
alphabetical....but when I try to order them manually as  admin user for a
particular profile and I test changes, the order is different from the one I
chose.
It happens also that these tabs are closed (just like a minimized mode)...
If I click on the tab the page is opened.
How can I force the system in order to have a particular tab opened at first
page loading?

Thank you in advance

Daniela

Daniela Mercadante