Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Jim Scott <js...@maprtech.com> on 2014/09/17 16:42:54 UTC

Drill Presentation - Question - Resource Manager Integration

I was giving a presentation to the St. Louis Hadoop Users Group and the
question was:
Which resource managers will Drill work with and when?

I do not know an answer for that, can anyone else help with that?

Re: Drill Presentation - Question - Resource Manager Integration

Posted by Peter Grman <pe...@gmail.com>.
The Yarn integration, I've implemented, is based on Apache Twill and so far
basically requires only two classes, a tiny change for the default class
loader and the Twill dependencies in pom.xml.

It's good enough for starting Drill but there are some problems when
containers won't shut down and of course it would require a more dynamic
interface/api to be able to start and stop containers on the fly.

Cheers
Peter

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Neeraja Rentachintala <nr...@maprtech.com>.