Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Shawn Simister <na...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/23 22:44:47 UTC

JSONP

I read somewhere in the archives that JSONP was being considered for
CouchDB but I don't see it anywhere on the road map. Is it planned for
an upcoming release or just a nice-to-have at this point? It would
certainly make things easier on the client-side.

Shawn
<http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Getting_started_with_ExtJS>

Re: JSONP

Posted by Brad Anderson <br...@sankatygroup.com>.
On Mar 24, 2009, at 3:20 AM, Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Shawn Simister
> <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I read somewhere in the archives that JSONP was being considered
>> for CouchDB
>> but I don't see it anywhere on the road map. Is it planned for an
>> upcoming
>> release or just a nice-to-have at this point? It would certainly
>> make things
>> easier on the client-side.
>>

> We haven't talked about it in a while. It would certainly be easy to
> implement as a middleware, but I'm all in favor of giving CouchDB the
> ability to provide it. There may be some security questions around
> having it switched on by default, but overall JSONP is a very powerful
> tool.

I've coded up a patch for JSONP.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-343

Cheers,
BA

Re: JSONP

Posted by Dean Landolt <de...@deanlandolt.com>.
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Kurt Mackey <ku...@arstechnica.com> wrote:

> How would it work for anything but GETs?

It's not for anything but GETs -- or reads, rather. The only read I can
think of that isn't a GET is a POST for multikey retrieval, and with that
POST you could pass a callback wrapper param all the same.

RE: JSONP

Posted by Kurt Mackey <ku...@arstechnica.com>.

Re: JSONP

Posted by Flinn Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.