Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2005/08/18 15:13:57 UTC

typedef onerror default

Why is the onerror default of typedef "fail" and not "failall"?

The effect is that a typedef like this
     <typedef resource="checkstyletask.properties"
              uri="antlib:com.puppycrawl.checkstyle"
      />

will warn but not fail if the property file is missing. Surely a missing
declaration file is important enough that the default should be "fail
the build right now".

proposal
  -we change the "new for ant1.7" default to failall
  -we allow for a failuremessage attr that lets you say "add checkstyle
to your build via -lib" or whatever.

-steve

Re: typedef onerror default

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@apache.org>.
Steve Loughran wrote:

> Why is the onerror default of typedef "fail" and not "failall"?

It was for BC reasons.
i.e. this is the behaviour for 1.5 when resource was used.

Peter