Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by srinath gamage <sr...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/24 11:00:40 UTC

help help

hey all,
          I'm dying with Roller . I tried it on Apache 6 with Mysql 5
      best i got was cannot find driver exception .
         But i have mysql-connector-java-5.1.5-bin.jar in
          C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.16\lib with roller-custom.properties,
                                  help me now

--

srinathworks@gmail.com

Re: help help

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:00 AM, srinath gamage <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hey all,
>           I'm dying with Roller . I tried it on Apache 6 with Mysql 5
>       best i got was cannot find driver exception .
>          But i have mysql-connector-java-5.1.5-bin.jar in
>           C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.16\lib with roller-custom.properties,
>                                   help me now

What is the exact error message you are getting?

If you set installation.type=auto in roller-custom.properties, start
Tomcat then browse to localhost:8080/roller you should get an
explanation of the problem.

If that does not work, then top Tomcat, delete the logs (under
tomcat/logs), start Tomcat and then look at catalina.out and
roller.log for error messages.

- Dave

Re: help help

Posted by srinath gamage <sr...@gmail.com>.
hi all thanks 4 ur supoort,
Now Roller is up and Running
Thanks again

srinathworks@gmail.com

Re: help help

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 8:44 AM, martin nilsson <ve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>  Maybe put the jar in <rollerinstalled>\WEB-INF\lib maybe it's c:\apache-
>  tomcat-6.0.16\webapps\roller\WEB-INF\lib for you?

WEB-INF/lib is the wrong place to put the JDBC driver jar.

It needs to be available to Tomcat because Tomcat is the party making
that is creating the database connections.

- Dave

Re: help help

Posted by martin nilsson <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi!
Maybe put the jar in <rollerinstalled>\WEB-INF\lib maybe it's c:\apache-
tomcat-6.0.16\webapps\roller\WEB-INF\lib for you?
Other than that maybe you should send the stacktrace from tomcat?

-Martin

Re: help help

Posted by srinath gamage <sr...@gmail.com>.
hey jiangjf0407,
nope its da only jdbcdriver

srinathworks@gmail.com

Re: help help

Posted by 蒋剑峰 <ji...@gmail.com>.
it may already exit other version  jdbcDriver in C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.16\lib