Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/01 01:11:05 UTC

Re: [ANN] Tapestry5-JQuery

2011/3/31 françois facon <fr...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks Massimo.
>
> in 5.1.0.5, we used to override the ClientInfrastructureImpl. In 5.2,
> we override CoreJavaScriptStack which internaly use the
> ClientInfrastructure.
> Perhaps in 5.3 or 5.4 we will be allow to dynamically change the all stack.
> Same components but specific javascript stack and templates for each
> device type.

This is coming shortly in 5.3, based on code already present in TapX.
Basically, the contents of a stack can be entirely defined in terms of
an OrderedConfiguration, making it possible to add new entries or
remove/replace existing ones.  Very powerful ... you can ultimately
control very precisely which JS files (or CSS files) are part of a
stack so, for instance, if you use Palette component a lot, you can
add it to the core stack.

> 2011/3/31 Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>
>>
>> 2011/3/31 François Facon <fr...@atosorigin.com>:
>>
>> > I am really pleased to announce Tapestry5-jQuery 2.1.0, which is built
>> > against Tapestry 5.2.5.
>> > The purpose of Tapestry5-jQuery is to remove the dependency on
>> > Prototype and Scriptaculous by overriding the default Core
>> > JavaScriptStack by a new stack based on jQuery.
>>
>> Definetly worth a try and a look at the code, curious how you have
>> "substitute" the inner prototypejs... Kudos guys!
>>
>> Cheers
>> --
>> Massimo
>> http://meridio.blogspot.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [ANN] Tapestry5-JQuery

Posted by François Facon <fr...@atosorigin.com>.
It's getting better all the time.
TapX is a great source of inspiration. (ImportYUI, Templating etc...)
We will check this ease of configuration and have a closer look at the JSDoc.

Thanks
François