Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2005/06/13 22:14:16 UTC

wiki now sends Vary: Cookie (was Re: DBSight, search on database by Lucene)

Paul Querna wrote:
> Joshua Slive wrote:
>> What we want is for anything with a Cookie: header to totally bypass
>> the cache.  I don't know of any way to configure that.
>

> Moin should be sending Cache-Control: Private in these cases, in
> addition to the Vary: Cookie header.  If they don't they will break with
> other upstream proxies that we have no control over.  Fixing it so httpd
> can cache fixes upstream proxies too, so it is the right thing to do.

I've added the Vary: Cookie header.  I believe that even with the
current naive Vary handling, this should work ok in mod_cache, since it
won't store any of the logged-in pages due to the Cache-Control headers.
So the non-cookie version should hang around in the cache.

Anyway, I hope this makes things much less confusing for people trying
to edit the pages.

Joshua.