Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by java guru <ja...@yahoo.co.in> on 2002/06/07 21:18:17 UTC

serious issues with tomcat and rmi

I am encountering serious issues with tomcat and rmi..
I am getting all sorts of problems ranging from

1. version 4.0.3 cannot load classes from rmi
codebase.. reading the codebase but returning
classnotfound exceptions..

2. version 4.0.4 webappclass loader dying with 'Life
cycle error' and access control exceptions on
web-inf/lib even when used with all.policy with most
liberal security settings..

3. And all these different class loaders and
exceptions look very confusing and impossible to make
it work.

Hope someone would throw some light..

Thanks
srini

=====
Thanks and have great day
srini

RE: serious issues with tomcat and rmi

Posted by Greg Trasuk <st...@on.aibn.com>.
Srini:

	Could you post the full stack trace that contains the ClassNotFound
exception?  Is it contained within an RMIServerException, with some message
like "Can't unmarshall ...."? Also, where are the access control exceptions
showing up?  Log files, or does Tomcat return a '404' message?

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk, President
http://stratuscom.ca