Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/27 01:17:06 UTC

[classlib][swing] test code changes

I made some changes to the swing module's test bits at revision 479469
and wanted to pass it by the mailing list.

I copied the "javax.swing.SwingTestCase" and
"javax.swing.BaseSwingTestCase" classes from 'support' to the 'swing'
module. I recall a previous discussion about this, but let me know if
this isn't good. I'll delete the classes from 'support' later.

To get this to work, I also updated the build.xml in 'swing'. Instead
of running all tests that match "**/*Test*.java", I changed it to
match "**/*Test.java" so that these two classes wouldn't be picked up.

-Nathan

Re: [classlib][swing] test code changes

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 11/26/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Nathan Beyer wrote:
> > I made some changes to the swing module's test bits at revision 479469
> > and wanted to pass it by the mailing list.
> >
> > I copied the "javax.swing.SwingTestCase" and
> > "javax.swing.BaseSwingTestCase" classes from 'support' to the 'swing'
> > module. I recall a previous discussion about this, but let me know if
> > this isn't good. I'll delete the classes from 'support' later.
> >
> > To get this to work, I also updated the build.xml in 'swing'. Instead
> > of running all tests that match "**/*Test*.java", I changed it to
> > match "**/*Test.java" so that these two classes wouldn't be picked up.
>
> Why wouldn't you simply rename them?

We could, but just so everyone knows, combined these two classes are
used as the base class of essentially every test in the swing module.
Also, I'm not sure what would be a better name, as these abstract
classes extend TestCase and add "swing" features.

-Nathan

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.