Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ha...@aol.com on 2002/05/20 13:51:54 UTC

sitemap modifications go unnoticed

Hi!

I' am a complete newbie and trying to work thru the IBM  developer works
tutorial Introduction to Cocoon2.
My problem is that after I edit the sitemap.xmap file the modifications are
not noticed.

The original error:

-----

type fatal

message Error in sitemap configuration :
org.apache.coocon.transformation.TraxTransformer

description org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Error in sitemap configuration :
org.apache.coocon.transformation.TraxTransformer

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in
sitemap configuration : org.apache.coocon.transformation.TraxTransformer
    at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(D:\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4-b

3\work\Standalone\localhost\cocoon-exp1\cocoon-files\org/apache/cocoon/www\sit

emap_xmap.java:151)
    at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(Defa

ultComponentFactory.java:172)

------------------.
OK
obviously a typo in my sitemap:
it should read org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformation
I have changed that but I always get the same error again. Even after I
stoped and restarted Tomcat. Even nonsense changes at the start of the file
do show off.
I looks to me that the sitemap was used to create some Java class but it
never gets recompiled again (just a guess).

In cocoon.xconf I have the entry:
<sitemap check-reload="yes" file="sitemap.xmap" logger="sitemap"
reload-method="synchron"/>

I use Windows 2000, Tomcat 4.04b3, JDK 1.3.1_03 and Cocoon 2.0.2

Many thanks,

Hans

Re: sitemap modifications go unnoticed

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
Try the interpreted sitemap processor. Look for 'treeprocessor' in
cocoon.xconf . There were some bugs with reloading in compiled version.

Konstantin

-----------

Posted by KOZLOV Roman <r-...@opencascade.com>.
Hello Hans,

To ensure the sitemape has been recompiled remove the folder
"D:\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4-b3\work\Standalone\localhost\cocoon-exp1".

Indeed, the modified sitemap.xmap will not be used if its file
modification time is earlier then for the previous sitemap.xmap (it
could be in Windows) and in this case compiled sitemap from cache will
be used.

Roman