Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by JAX <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/01 10:41:51 UTC

Hadoop fs custom commands

Hi guys : I wanted to make se custom Hadoop fs - commands.  Is this feasible/practical?  In particular. , I wanted to summarize file sizes and print some usefull estimated of things on the fly from My cluster.

I'm not sure how
The hadoop
Shell commands are implemented... But I thought maybe there is a higher level
Shell language or API which they might use that I can play with.?

Re: Hadoop fs custom commands

Posted by madhu phatak <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
 All commands invoke FSShell.java code. As per my knowledge you have to
change the source code and build to support custom commands.