Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/01 10:03:06 UTC

Re: User test

Can you give some more details on the test?
I am not sure if I understand this correctly.

All of those CPU usage is server side only right?
And the server is only doing OpenMeetings, you do not run the client and
server on the same machine?

Why would the video streaming take so much CPU power? Red5 should not do
any kind of transcoding. We have done experiments in the past with 100
browsers connected. Obviously each browser run on its own pc/device. Not in
multiple tabs. Otherwise you have glitches in your stream, but he reason
for that is that the clients are running out of CPU, not the server.

So this is kind of confusing, maybe you should clarify.

Or is that an issue that is introduced since we updated to later version of
red5?

Thanks,
Sebastian