Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Cabanero <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/21 02:54:41 UTC

Maven and Jdk 1.5 beta

Is there a way to get the Maven java plugin to work with JDK 1.5 beta?
I have 1.5 set as my default java installation and also overrode the
following property in my project.properties file

maven.compile.source = 1.5

but what I got was:

java:compile:
    [echo] Compiling to C:\cygwin\src\redpoint\aparigraha/target/classes

    [javac] Compiling 65 source files to
C:\cygwin\src\redpoint\aparigraha\target\classes
javac: source release 1.5 requires target release 1.5

however when I use javac manually and specify -source 1.5 it works fine.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

_____________________________________
Help the Lance Armstrong Foundation
support people living with cancer.
http://www.wearyellow.com <http://www.wearyellow.com/>

Re: Maven and Jdk 1.5 beta

Posted by Leif Nelson <ln...@llnl.gov>.
You may need to set the maven.compile.source to 1.5 too.

Full docs are
here:  http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/java/properties.html

--Leif

Re: Maven and Jdk 1.5 beta

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Christian Cabanero wrote:
> Is there a way to get the Maven java plugin to work with JDK 1.5 beta?
> I have 1.5 set as my default java installation and also overrode the
> following property in my project.properties file
>
> maven.compile.source = 1.5
>
> but what I got was:
>
> java:compile:
>     [echo] Compiling to C:\cygwin\src\redpoint\aparigraha/target/classes
>
>     [javac] Compiling 65 source files to
> C:\cygwin\src\redpoint\aparigraha\target\classes
> javac: source release 1.5 requires target release 1.5
> however when I use javac manually and specify -source 1.5 it works fine.
> Am I doing something wrong?

You need to add:
maven.compile.target=1.5