Posted to user@river.apache.org by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com> on 2014/12/16 16:36:38 UTC

ClassServer in 2.2.2

Hi,

I am upgrading some code from River 2.1.2 to 2.2.2, primarily because the
2.2.2 artifacts are available on Maven central repo, making it easier to
get up and running with.

I have been using com.sun.jini.tool.ClassServer, to serve up .jars over
HTTP, which is pretty easy to use like this:

classServer = new ClassServer(port, libDir, false, true, true);
classServer.start();

Has this been removed from 2.2.x? I can't seem to find it. Is there
something equivalent to replace it if so?

Rupert

Re: ClassServer in 2.2.2

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.
Hi Rupert:

I looked into a bit tonight.  I know “in general” how to deploy to Central (I did the last few releases).  What I was stuck on was the details of retroactively deploying a 2.2.2 version of ‘tools.jar’.  Not so much from the point of view of “how to get it into Central”, but more “Do I need to call a release vote and roll a 2.2.3 in order to do it?”.  As it stands now, I’m convinced that there are no issues that actually require a release vote - I just need to do a clean build and then stage it to Apache’s Nexus instance.

I’ll do that probably within the next 24 hours.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk.

Re: ClassServer in 2.2.2

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.