Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Gea-Suan Lin <gs...@gslin.org> on 2013/03/14 10:12:12 UTC

mod_secdownload functionality for ATS

Hello,

I want to implement a plugin for ATS to do mod_secdownload[1] things.

I try to use TSCacheUrlSet() to change url, and then call
TSHttpTxnReenable() to continue process.

Then I found it will try to fetch original url, not new url.

How do I change to fetch new url ?

[1] http://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/1/wiki/Docs_ModSecDownload

--
* Gea-Suan Lin  (public key: Using https://keyserver.pgp.com/ to search)
* If you cannot convince them, confuse them.           -- Harry S Truman

Re: mod_secdownload functionality for ATS

Posted by Mark Harrison <ma...@omniti.com>.
It sounds like what you want is a remap plugin, which will let you
change what URL is requested from the origin server. TSCacheUrlSet
will only change the key that ATS will store the entry in the cache
under, and not change the URL that's requested.
http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/trunk/sdk/remap-plugin/index.en.html
has some information on remap plugins.

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Gea-Suan Lin <gs...@gslin.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 10:27:29AM +0100, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 05:12:12PM +0800, Gea-Suan Lin wrote:
>> >
>> > [1] http://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/1/wiki/Docs_ModSecDownload
>> >

>> Just in case you've missed it, there's an alternative for apache httpd
>> at http://code.google.com/p/mod-auth-token/.
>
> Thanks, but I would like to offload by ATS plugin.
>
> Is it no way to change url sending to backend server ?
>
> --
> * Gea-Suan Lin  (public key: Using https://keyserver.pgp.com/ to search)
> * If you cannot convince them, confuse them.           -- Harry S Truman

--
Mark Harrison
Lead Site Reliability Engineer

Re: mod_secdownload functionality for ATS

Posted by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com>.
On 03/17/2013 01:23 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
> On 3/17/13 7:45 AM, Gea-Suan Lin wrote:
>>>>
>>> Just in case you've missed it, there's an alternative for apache httpd
>>> at http://code.google.com/p/mod-auth-token/.
>> Thanks, but I would like to offload by ATS plugin.
>>
>> Is it no way to change url sending to backend server ?
>>

> Of course there is. Yahoo had a plugin that worked almost identical to
> that HTTPD module, I don't know if it was open sourced or not. But it
> used the same concept of signed URLs.

I just did a plugin to check signed URLs in ATS for my employer... I'm
testing the processes there to get approval to Open Source it, I hope
that will happen soon. I'll send an email to the users list once it's
available.

Cheers,
JvD

Re: mod_secdownload functionality for ATS

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 3/17/13 7:45 AM, Gea-Suan Lin wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 10:27:29AM +0100, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 05:12:12PM +0800, Gea-Suan Lin wrote:
>>> [1] http://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/1/wiki/Docs_ModSecDownload
>>>
>> Just in case you've missed it, there's an alternative for apache httpd
>> at http://code.google.com/p/mod-auth-token/.
> Thanks, but I would like to offload by ATS plugin.
>
> Is it no way to change url sending to backend server ?

Of course there is. Yahoo had a plugin that worked almost identical to that
HTTPD module, I don't know if it was open sourced or not. But it used the
same concept of signed URLs.

-- Leif

Re: mod_secdownload functionality for ATS

Posted by Gea-Suan Lin <gs...@gslin.org>.

Posted by Luca Rea <lu...@contactlab.com>.
I had missed it, nice to know about new modules and features, thank you!

Re: mod_secdownload functionality for ATS

Posted by Jan-Frode Myklebust <ja...@tanso.net>.
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 05:12:12PM +0800, Gea-Suan Lin wrote:

> [1] http://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/1/wiki/Docs_ModSecDownload

Just in case you've missed it, there's an alternative for apache httpd
at http://code.google.com/p/mod-auth-token/.

  -jf