Posted to user@storm.apache.org by preethini v <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/22 21:42:00 UTC

Storm Metrics using Graphite

Hi,

I am trying to visualize Storm metrics on Graphite. I am following the
steps mentioned here <https://github.com/verisign/storm-graphite>

I have the Graphite server up and running on my machine. But there is no
storm metrics seen on Graphite. Graphite Browser does not show
storm_metrics in the  metrics dropdown. There is no much information in the
logs.

Can anyone using storm with graphite help me on this.

My storm.yaml changes are,
# Controls the time interval between metric reports
 topology.builtin.metrics.bucket.size.secs: 10
 topology.metrics.consumer.register:
   - class: "com.verisign.storm.metrics.GraphiteMetricsConsumer"
     parallelism.hint: 1
     argument:
       metrics.reporter.name:
"com.verisign.storm.metrics.reporters.graphite.GraphiteReporter"
       metrics.graphite.host: " My Graphite Server IP Address here "
       metrics.graphite.port: "2003"
       metrics.graphite.prefix: "storm.cluster.metrics"
       metrics.graphite.min-connect-attempt-interval-secs: "5"
       # Optional arguments can also be supplied to enable UDP
       metrics.graphite.protocol: "udp"

Changes for  carbon storage settings are,
[storm_metrics]
pattern = ^storm\.cluster\.metrics\.
retentions = 10s:2d,1m:30d,5m:90d,1h:2y

Thanks,