Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by rajat swarup <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/25 13:51:31 UTC

To get Nutch to print debug messages

Hi,
I'm trying to get some debug messages to be printed on the screen
while the crawl is being done in Nutch. I just can't get it done. Just
System.out.println() wouldn't work!
The funny part is that I'm unable to create files using simple syntax
like this inside the Fetcher.java class.
<snip>
bos = new BufferedOutputStream
              (new FileOutputStream(new File
("/home/rajat/nutch-0.6/","test.txt")));
</snip>
What am I doing wrong?
The funny part is that even if try to print messages using LOG.fine()
method I can't seem to print anything into the Log file. I changed the
conf/nutch-default.xml
<property>
  <name>fetcher.verbose</name>
  <value>true</value>
  <description>If true, fetcher will log more verbosely.</description>
</property>
Looking forward to some help!

-Rajat.
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~swarup/

Re: To get Nutch to print debug messages

Posted by rajat swarup <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 4/25/05, Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> wrote:
> Try to setup the logging.properties file in your jre/lib folder, there
> you can setup the logging level of the java logging api that is used by
> nutch.
Thanks Stefan! Now the logging is better than before.

> On Apr 25, 2005 4:51 AM, Rajat wrote:
> <snip>
> bos = new BufferedOutputStream
>              (new FileOutputStream(new File
> ("/home/rajat/nutch-0.6/","test.txt")));
> </snip>

However, I still can't seem to create files!  Any ideas?

cya,

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.