Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/09/26 06:51:14 UTC

Re: [Hadoop Wiki] Update of "HowToRelease" by DougCutting

Doug, does "jdiff.stable" also need to be edited in the build.xml or
set on cmd line?

Nige

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Nigel Daley wrote:
> Doug, just getting back to this.  Does this look right?
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease?action=diff

Looks good to me.  Thanks!

Doug

Re: [Hadoop Wiki] Update of "HowToRelease" by DougCutting

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Sep 26, 2008, at 10:56 AM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Nigel Daley wrote:
>> Doug, does "jdiff.stable" also need to be edited in the build.xml
>> or set on cmd line?
>
> Good point.  It should be updated in trunk after we've made a
> release, but not merged to branches, so branches always point to a
> prior branches release.  (It can't be updated until the "stable"
> release is published, since we refer to the published javadoc.)
>
> If we make a release from other than the most-recent branch then we
> probably want to update it in more recent branches to point to the
> new version of the prior branch.
>
> Does that sound right?  If so, would you like to update the wiki, or
> should I?

Doug, just getting back to this.  Does this look right?

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease?action=diff

Thx,
Nige

Re: [Hadoop Wiki] Update of "HowToRelease" by DougCutting

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.