Posted to users@maven.apache.org by purna chandrarao <pc...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/06 01:19:50 UTC

mvn release:prepare

Please let me know  to which address i need to send the issue.

I am having maven release plugin issue.

mvn release:prepare

  this will create tag inside tags folder.

while creating tag it is pushing entire branch as well inside the tag.

Thanks
PurnachandraRao.

Re: mvn release:prepare

Posted by Ed Hillmann <ed...@gmail.com>.
I came across this a couple of years ago

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/mvn-release-prepare-cannot-tag-correctly-from-a-branch-td396112.html
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-576

If memory serves, it was all around how the parent/child poms were defined,
and the URL used in the connection element.

I think it was due to the logic in the plugin, and it's assumptions about
how to define the URL (if it picked up a child module, it moved up the url
one directory, assuming this was the correct step).

I don't think it was fixed.  I had to ensure I defined the urls and parent
child relationships in a way that worked with the plugin.

Hope this helps,
Ed

Re: mvn release:prepare

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/issue-tracking.html

/Anders

Re: mvn release:prepare

Posted by Thomas Broyer <t....@gmail.com>.
<pc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Please let me know  to which address i need to send the issue.
>
> I am having maven release plugin issue.
>
> mvn release:prepare
>
>   this will create tag inside tags folder.
>
> while creating tag it is pushing entire branch as well inside the tag.

Assuming you're using Subversion ("create tag inside tags folder"),
isn't that how it's supposed to work?

--
Thomas Broyer
/tɔ.ma.bʁwa.je/