Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io.INVALID> on 2023/02/16 21:54:41 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New committer: Lucas Bradstreet

Hi, Everyone,

The PMC of Apache Kafka is pleased to announce a new Kafka committer Lucas
Bradstreet.

Lucas has been a long time Kafka contributor since Oct. 2018. He has been
extremely valuable for Kafka on both performance and correctness
improvements.

The following are his performance related contributions.

KAFKA-9820: validateMessagesAndAssignOffsetsCompressed allocates batch
iterator which is not used
KAFKA-9685: Solve Set concatenation perf issue in AclAuthorizer
KAFKA-9729: avoid readLock in authorizer ACL lookups
KAFKA-9039: Optimize ReplicaFetcher fetch path
KAFKA-8841: Reduce overhead of ReplicaManager.updateFollowerFetchState

The following are his correctness related contributions.

KAFKA-13194: LogCleaner may clean past highwatermark
KAFKA-10432: LeaderEpochCache is incorrectly recovered on segment recovery
for epoch 0
KAFKA-9137: Fix incorrect FetchSessionCache eviction logic

Congratulations, Lucas!

Thanks,

Jun (on behalf of the Apache Kafka PMC)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Lucas Bradstreet

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
Congratulations, Lucas!

best,
Colin