Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Tushar Kapila <tg...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/07 12:34:18 UTC

Re: allow level scheduling

we have a need to do that during testing - which we do in the night
when load is less

what we do is call a web page which changes the log4j properties at
run time - loads from the 'debug' or regular xml file

Might be nice to have this as a feature but just saying you can do
this now too with your own code

Flow:
Our default log4j is loaded at start up by the log4j system

When we want to debug we call our page and set log4j to the debug mode
(we actually have 4 such property files where we over ride debug for
different classes -  depending on need)

When we are done testing call the same page and ask it to load the
default set again