Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ricardo Barretto <Ri...@state.co.us> on 2006/03/09 22:07:58 UTC

Creating a service - spring-client toolkit error

Hello all,

I'm  new to ServiceMix, trying to create a "service" using spring and
hibernate to access mysql database, I thought the
spring-client toolkit would be a good idea to get started, but it did
not deploy correctly on servicemix-2.0.2(doc says to use 1.0, but should
be ok on any jbi complaint). See error below

Does anybody know if the toolkit is going to get updated for the newer
versions? Or does anyone else know about other example for spring and
hibernate deployed as servicemix service?

Thanks in advance.
Ricardo

*************************** error

14:00:54,007 INFO  [DefaultListableBeanFactory] Destroying singletons
in factory {org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultList
ableBeanFactory defining beans
[jbi,transactionContextManager,transactionManager,broker,jmsFactory];
root of BeanFactory hierarchy}
Caught: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'org.servicemix.jbi.deployment.Component
#ffc3eb' defined in URL
[file:/C:/workspace/servicemix-2.0.2/bin/../wdir/defaultJBI/tmp/myFirstComponent-1.0-jbi-installer.1.tmp/META-I
NF/jbi.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid propert
y 'type' of bean class [org.servicemix.jbi.deployment.Component]: Bean
property 'type' is not writable or has an invalid setter method:
 Does the parameter type of the setter match the return type of the
getter?
[...]
        at
org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.setPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:831)
        at
org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.setPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:733)
        at
org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.setPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:890)
        at
org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.setPropertyValues(BeanWrapperImpl.java:917)
        at
org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.setPropertyValues(BeanWrapperImpl.java:906)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.java:1022)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.java:823)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.j
ava:345)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionValueResolver
.java:147)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.ja
va:96)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBean
Factory.java:1012)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory
.java:823)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.j
ava:345)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:226)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.jav
a:275)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:318)
        at
org.xbean.spring.context.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:149)
        at
org.xbean.spring.context.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:100)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.buildDescriptor(AutoDeploymentService.java:407)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.getInstalledDescriptor(AutoDeploymentService.java:352)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.buildState(AutoDeploymentService.java:491)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.init(AutoDeploymentService.java:147)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.init(JBIContainer.java:399)
        at
org.servicemix.jbi.container.SpringJBIContainer.afterPropertiesSet(SpringJBIContainer.java:39)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFa
ctory.java:1058)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.j
ava:363)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:226)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.jav
a:275)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:318)
        at
org.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:158)
        at
org.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:48)
        at org.servicemix.Main.main(Main.java:50)

Re: Creating a service - spring-client toolkit error

Posted by Jordan Christensen <th...@gmail.com>.
This seems to be an FAQ. I think I've seen this question and answer on
the mailing list at least 3 times :)

Can someone update the wiki to say 'DON'T USE THIS IT IS BROKEN'?

Jordan

Posted by Philip Dodds <ph...@gmail.com>.