Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by wrusch <wr...@loftware.com> on 2010/03/22 20:25:54 UTC

Shared persistence with multiple writing brokers and one consumer

I am trying to setup JMS within our application in such a way as to avoid the
use of XA.

I am looking to have many jvms each running our core application. When a jms
message is produced I want a local broker to place the message on a shared
database queue using the existing jdbc datasource, so that I can commit the
jms message along with all the other persistence operations being performed
as a single operation.

Now I want to have a single consuming broker that can pull messages from the
shared persistence store.

I am relatively new to ActiveMQ but from what I can tell, it seems that this
is not a supported configuration. It seems that the only one broker that can
do anything with the persistent store at a given time.

Is there anyway to use a shared persistent store that allows multiple
brokers to concurrently use the same store?

I know for instance I could have each jvm run its own internal broker with
its own internal store and then I could have that broker forward their
messages to another broker that clients could connect to, but now I have
doubled the number of database writes for each jms message and I am trying
to avoid that.

Any ideas? Am i just clueless?