Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Daniel Einspanjer <da...@yipyip.com> on 2001/07/17 19:21:51 UTC

Xalan 2.1.0 & Tomcat 3.2.2 conflict

I just put the Xalan 2.1.0 package on our testing webserver running Tomcat 3.2.2, and ran into some problems.

Specifically, jaxp.jar and possibly parser.jar in the tomcat/lib conflict with Xalan.
When trying to use the javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse() method, the parse will throw a SAXException if you pass in a URI instead of a file and the file to be parsed has relative external entities.
When trying to use the org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI.selectNodeIterator() method, bad things happened in the org.apache.xpath.axes.AxesWalker. One problem was that the getNextNode() method was not found, and unfortunately, I've forgotton what the other error was. :/

Anyway, I resolved my problems by removing jaxp.jar and parser.jar from the tomcat/lib directory and depending on tomcat finding the xalan.jar and xerces.jar in my classpath.

HTH someone.
-- Daniel Einspanjer, daniel@yipyip.com on 7/17/2001