Posted to user@uima.apache.org by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com> on 2014/11/18 07:05:14 UTC

DUCC-Un-managed Reservation??

Hi,

I am bit confused. Why we need un-managed reservation? Suppose we give
5GB Memory size to this reservation. Can this RAM be consumed by any
process if required?

In my scenario,  when all RAMs of Nodes was consumed by JOBs, all
processes went in waiting state. I need some reservation of RAMs for
this so that it can not be consumed by shares for Job Processes but if
required internally it could be used.

Can un-managed reservation be used for this?

Thanks in advanced.

Reshu.

Re: DUCC-Un-managed Reservation??

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 1:05 AM, reshu.agarwal <re...@orkash.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am bit confused. Why we need un-managed reservation? Suppose we give 5GB
> Memory size to this reservation. Can this RAM be consumed by any process if
> required?

Basically yes. See more info about "Rogue Process" in the duccbook.

> In my scenario,  when all RAMs of Nodes was consumed by JOBs, all
> processes went in waiting state. I need some reservation of RAMs for this
> so that it can not be consumed by shares for Job Processes but if required
> internally it could be used.

Any idea why all process went into waiting state? Did the job details page
show that these JPs were assigned work items?