Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/15 13:24:15 UTC

[java] Client Failing on Establishing Connection

All,

recent commits for refactoring the AMQProtocolhandler have created a race
condition on establishing a connection.  Until this is fixed you may see
clients hanging when attempting connection to the broker.

I'll be raising a JIRA and creating a patch shortly.

In brief, because the AMQStateManager is now initialised in the
AMQProtocolSession, we cannot check to see if we have attained a particular
state until the session object has been created.  However the creation of
the session object is dependent upon the MINA thread handling the
asynchronous response from the broker.