Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com> on 2009/10/06 23:21:44 UTC

Custom Record Reader Example?

Hey-

I'm trying to update a custom recordreader written for 0.18.3 and was wondering if either

A)     Anyone has any example code for extending RecordReader in 0.20.1 (in the mapreduce package, not the mapred interface)?
or

B)      Anyone can give me tips on how to write getCurrentKey() and getCurrentValue()?

Thank you so much!

Mark Vigeant
RiskMetrics Group, Inc.

RE: Custom Record Reader Example?

Posted by Omer Trajman <om...@vertica.com>.
I found the DBRecordReader a good example - it's in
o.a.h.m.lib.db.DBInputFormat