Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Pankti Majmudar <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/19 08:31:51 UTC

Some questions for getting help

Hi,
I am a newbie to open source development and Hadoop.  I was looking at the
newbie issues on JIRA and would like to pick up one of the minor bugs.

I referred to the 'How To Contribute' page on Apache and started with
getting the source code and setting the environment up.  Please let me know
if there are any sources(IRCs etc) where I can ask for specific help and
discuss about fixing any issue/bug.  Is the mailing list the only method
for communicating or asking questions?

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,
Pankti