Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Nicolas Frankel <ni...@frankel.ch> on 2010/12/27 12:20:27 UTC

Rights on demos

Hi,

I'm actually writing a book on RIA in general (and Vaadin in particular). I
would like to include a screenshot of Pivot's clock demo. I know Pivot is
Open Source but I don't know anything about the demos themselves. Is there
any problem with this ?

Thanks for your answer (and your time!).

Nicolas Frankel

Re: Rights on demos

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 6:20 AM, Nicolas Frankel <ni...@frankel.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm actually writing a book on RIA in general (and Vaadin in particular). I
> would like to include a screenshot of Pivot's clock demo. I know Pivot is
> Open Source but I don't know anything about the demos themselves. Is there
> any problem with this ?
>
> Thanks for your answer (and your time!).

Typically everything included in an ASF distribution is licensed under
the terms of the Apache License, Version 2.0.  Any exceptions will be
noted:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/LICENSE
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/README

I see some exceptions for a few icons, including tutorials/clock.png.

> Nicolas Frankel

- Sam Ruby