Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jakob Sachse <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/29 23:02:12 UTC

commons.scxml on google android

Hello,

I have been working on getting commons.scxml running on android. Today I
got the stopwatch up and running. Since Android does not provide a full
j2se I had to deploy / modify lots of libraries.

i.e. i used apache harmony for getting a java.beans implementation.

I had to modify java.beans and org.commons.harmony.beans classes to get
rid of dependencies to java.awt and java.swing.

I created a jar named scxmlAndroidDependencies.jar that holds all
modified packages.

I did some screenshots of the stopwatch, you can find them here:

http://ostblock.kicks-ass.net/scxmlOnAndroid/android_1.jpg
http://ostblock.kicks-ass.net/scxmlOnAndroid/android_2.jpg
http://ostblock.kicks-ass.net/scxmlOnAndroid/android_3.jpg
http://ostblock.kicks-ass.net/scxmlOnAndroid/android_4.jpg

Also you can get the eclipse project I worked on. I uploaded it since my
webserver just has a dsl uplink.

http://www.FreeUploadShare.com/DOWNLOAD/3e5dc1319/scxmlOnAndroid_eclipse_project.zip

Plase use the ant script to build the project, the ADT plugin will not
tranfere java.* package classes to .dex due to a missing --core-library
option. The project is based on Google Android SDK 1.0_r1.

The project justs includes the library binaries, if someone is
interested in the sources let me know. I'll upload them as well.

Re: commons.scxml on google android

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Jakob Sachse <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> today i created such a patch. The only issue I have with it, is that I
> don't know how to append binary files to it. I created a folder for my
> referenced files and added also some binary files (pictures, a jar) to
> it. How can I append them to the JIRA issue report?

<snip/>

You can just zip up the pictures as a separate attachment to the JIRA
issue (perhaps along with the correct directory structure so it can
simply be exploded on top of a working copy of trunk -- or mention the
intended location in a comment on the JIRA issue and we can put them
in the right place).

I didn't mean to imply below that we would "host" the jar on the site,
but rather we'd post the detailed recipe to produce such a jar (so
others can reproduce your results using a different version of the
Commons SCXML library or a different version of the Android SDK if
they wanted, for instance).

On a separate note, I can confirm that your CLA was received (and
recorded) yesterday, thanks.

-Rahul

Posted by Jakob Sachse <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello,