Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> on 2007/03/13 21:53:51 UTC

Kernel Alpha2 Release

I would like to start thinking about the next release of kernel.
Based on the work being done around federation, it seems that multi-
VM support is the key feature we should look to enable.  This will
allow us to demonstrate the high-value areas of SCA, particularly
around distributed assembly. In addition, we should have a simplified
extension model and classloader isolation in place.

In terms of timing, I thought sometime around the first or second
week in April would be ideal, as a few of us will be demonstrating
these features at the ServerSide Symposium next week.

I think we may also be able to get some bindings and extensions out
around the same time or shortly after. I was thinking: Spring,
Groovy, JPA, and Hessian to start.

Thoughts?

Jim