Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by GRH <gr...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/24 12:29:31 UTC

1.6.0 windows binaries for Apache 2.0?

Does anyone have a timeline for when 1.6.0 Apache 2.0 windows binaries
might become available? I see that Apache 2.2 binaries already exist.
I'm not trying to pressure anyone, I just need to know if its in the
pipe or if I need to embark on building them myself for a planned
upgrade I will be doing this weekend.

Thanks one and all for a great product.

--
Glenn R Heard Jr
grheard _at_ gmail _dot_ com

Re: 1.6.0 windows binaries for Apache 2.0?

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Olivier Sannier <ob...@free.fr> wrote:

> D.J. Heap wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>> I don't plan on building Apache 2.0 based binaries for anything after the
>> 1.5 series.  Sorry!
>>
>> DJ
>>

> Is there a readme on how to build the win32 binaries? With it, we could
> build them ourselves.

The INSTALL file (section II.E) had quite good instructions at one time...I
suspect its a little out of date for building 1.6 on Windows, but it should
still be a very good guide.  Keep in mind that building Subversion itself is
quite easy.  The painful and longest part is the various dependencies that
each have their own way of being built on Windows.

DJ

Re: 1.6.0 windows binaries for Apache 2.0?

Posted by Olivier Sannier <ob...@free.fr>.

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
> I don't plan on building Apache 2.0 based binaries for anything after the
> 1.5 series.  Sorry!

I just realized Apache 2.0 is almost 7 years old.

--
Take care,

Jeremy Whitlock
http://www.thoughtspark.org

Re: 1.6.0 windows binaries for Apache 2.0?

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.