Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sam hefter <sa...@msn.com> on 2015/12/21 17:50:39 UTC

Sending open office files

Hi
Need to send an open office file to an art gallery......help me please
sam
818 497 7756

Re: Sending open office files

Posted by Steve Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Sam,

What kind of file and how are they going to use it?

Steve
Sent from my iPad

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Sam hefter <sa...@msn.com> wrote:

> Need to send an open office file to an art gallery......help me please

Sam, excuse my question please, have you sent files to anybody before?

If yes then do exactly the same to send your file to the art gallery.

If you have already done that and the art gallery is telling you they can't
open or can't read the file the issue is not how to send the file. The
issue is providing a file the gallery can read.

So if the gallery can't read the file my suggestion is send them a file in
.pdf format.

To do that...
* open the file with the program used to create it
* from the menu select "File > Export as PDF..."
* click "Export"
* click "Save"
The .pdf file has now been created. You need to know what directory the
file was created in and the file name. Open your mail program, attach the
.pdf file and send it.