Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/30 22:17:22 UTC

Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2 with autocommit?

In solrconfig.xml I have:

<updateHandler class="solr.DirectUpdateHandler2">
    <autoCommit>
      <maxDocs>25000</maxDocs>
      <maxTime>60000</maxTime> <!-- 1 min -->
    </autoCommit>
    <autoSoftCommit>
      <maxTime>5000</maxTime>
    </autoSoftCommit>
  </updateHandler>

Using /trunk, when indexing a bunch of docs with
ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer, I eventually see the log message:

PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2

should this be possible?

I have seen a bunch of activity recently about autocommit -- should I
dig deeper and see if I see something, or is this expected since my
hardware may not be keeping up?

thanks
ryan

Re: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2 with autocommit?

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
thanks!

adding <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>  avoids the warning

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.