Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Maksym Pidlisnyi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/18 08:55:55 UTC

Root disk latancy

Hi

We are faced with latency on root disks of our Kafka instances. For
example, at one time we had average ios the latency of about 190 ms with 34
ios in the disk queue during few seconds. There were only write ios. Looks
like kafka process was hanging. It decreased its CPU utilization to 20
times. After few seconds it was back to normal state and we got the
connection timeout for this kafka instance to zookeeper node (each time
timeout value in the logs was different).
The log.dirs has a separate disk volume.
Who can answer why it happened? Any ideas, please. Does log writing can be
a cause of this?

Regards