Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ian tabangay <it...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/09 08:10:31 UTC

Bug on creating an entity thru minilang

Hi.
We were having a problem with creating entities (example Party, Facility or
Product) wherein whenever we provide an id for a new entity during creation
and that id exists, ofbiz updates the entity of the given id instead of
throwing an exception. We checked the schema of simple-methods and saw that
the attribute "or-store" for the element "create-value" can be set to false
if you don't want this behavior. Seeing that most simple methods of ofbiz
for creating entities does not specify a value for the attribute "or-store",
that attribute should have a value of "false"; that is, it should not update
the entity of the given id if its already existing. We checked the class
org.ofbiz.minilang.method.entityops.CreateValue and saw that the condition
for checking the attribute "or-store" was wrong.

snippet of
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/trunk/framework/minilang/src/org/ofbiz/minilang/method/entityops/CreateValue.javarev
791212

*76*            if (createOrStore = true) {

*77*                methodContext.getDelegator().createOrStore(value,
doCacheClear);
*78*            } else {
*79*                methodContext.getDelegator().create(value,
doCacheClear);
*80*            }

** lines 75 - 79 for
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release09.04/framework/minilang/src/org/ofbiz/minilang/method/entityops/CreateValue.javarev
759238

As you can see, the if condition at line 75 would always result to true;
therefore, would always use Delegator#createOrStore(GenericValue, boolean).

Thanks.
ian

Re: Bug on creating an entity thru minilang

Posted by ian tabangay <it...@gmail.com>.
Found it. Thanks for the quick response.

ian

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.