Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Raminder Singh <Ra...@NIIT.com> on 2004/12/08 08:22:30 UTC

regular extractor problem.!!!

hi all,
I'm new at this group and currently working in JMeter.
I'm facing a problem.
While getting a response, i have to extract value of fareindex=0(it keep on
1,2,3... as multiple fareindex exits in response)
i'm using regular expression extractor with:
Reference Name:FD
Regular Expression:(\d+?)
Template:$1$
Match:1
Default:
Now in next request i'm using 4 parameters as send parametrs with request.
Also one pre-processor HTTP URL Re-Writing modifier to add sessionID(sid).
Also i'm using user parameters in this request with  one parameter
Name:fareindex and User_1:$FD (Reference name in Regular expression
extractor).

but i'm not getting fareindex=(any value) in URL but all other 4 parameters
are part of URL+sid.

help me where i'm going wrong?? in expression??
Thanks,
Raminder

Re: regular extractor problem.!!!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 12:52:30 +0530, Raminder Singh <Ra...@niit.com> wrote:
> hi all,
> I'm new at this group and currently working in JMeter.
> I'm facing a problem.
> While getting a response, i have to extract value of fareindex=0(it keep on
> 1,2,3... as multiple fareindex exits in response)
> i'm using regular expression extractor with:
> Reference Name:FD
> Regular Expression:(\d+?)

Do you really need the "?" ?

> Template:$1$
> Match:1
> Default:
> Now in next request i'm using 4 parameters as send parametrs with request.
> Also one pre-processor HTTP URL Re-Writing modifier to add sessionID(sid).
> Also i'm using user parameters in this request with  one parameter
> Name:fareindex and User_1:$FD (Reference name in Regular expression
> extractor).

Variables and functions are referred to thus:

${variable}

${__function(p1,p2,...)}

i.e. enclose then in    ${      and    }

> but i'm not getting fareindex=(any value) in URL but all other 4 parameters
> are part of URL+sid.
>
> help me where i'm going wrong?? in expression??

See above