Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rob van der Zeijden <r....@tiscon.de> on 2000/10/31 08:36:52 UTC

Copy of a file on the serverside???

Hello,

I am using Cocoon1.8 & FOP_0_13_0 to generate a pdf file. This file is
created
after a request from a client. The client is getting a dynamic pdf file. I
wondered if it would
be possible to leave a copy of the pdf file on the server.

Thanks!

Re: Copy of a file on the serverside???

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Rob van der Zeijden wrote:

> Thanks Ulrich. Can you give me a hint on how to do this. I really do not have
> a clue where to start. Should i use fo to do this or???

If you do not have a clue where to start, the cocoon samples are always
a good point :)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: Copy of a file on the serverside???

Posted by Rob van der Zeijden <r....@tiscon.de>.
> > I am using Cocoon1.8 & FOP_0_13_0 to generate a pdf file. This file is
> > created
> > after a request from a client. The client is getting a dynamic pdf file. I
> > wondered if it would
> > be possible to leave a copy of the pdf file on the server.
>
> Not as such, you have to program it as a side-effect. The most elegant
Thanks Ulrich. Can you give me a hint on how to do this. I really do not have
a clue where to start. Should i use fo to do this or???

> solution would be to deploy another version of cocoon on the machine,
> where the PDFs are to be stored.
I have a client and a server where cocoon is running. This server(cocoon is running there)
should store the copy of the pdf file.

Re: Copy of a file on the serverside???

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.