Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Michael Parker <pa...@austx.tandem.com> on 1997/03/29 22:00:01 UTC

mod_proxy/287: Excessive keepalives when proxy caching is turned on.

>Number:         287
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Excessive keepalives when proxy caching is turned on.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I recently turned proxy caching on and now children do not seem to die off.
They stay in the keepalive state and do not go away.  This causes a large
number of active process even though they are no longer doing anything.
>How-To-Repeat:
Turn proxy caching on with keepalives.
>Fix:
No