Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by lhe77 <la...@compart.net> on 2008/01/21 16:38:05 UTC

problem with smx4 and MBeans

I managed it to get my BC deployed to smx4, but when deploying the
corresponding SA which uses the BC I get an error.
The log file display a null pointer exception in the method which is
building the mbean object name:
this.getContext().getMBeanNames() is null somehow, but in smx3 this worked
well.

After adding a check before using getMBeanNames it throw a nullpointer
exception on:
this.getContext().getMBeanServer()
After doing a check here as well, the SA deployed correctly and is working
like a charm.

No my question is how to implement my own mbean here if those methods always
return null? I use these mbeans for configuring my SU's settings and also
make them persistent (as file).

Ideas are welcome,

Lars

Re: problem with smx4 and MBeans

Posted by lhe77 <la...@compart.net>.
Guillaume,

I raised a JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4NMR-15
I am not sure if NMR is the correct component. If not, could you please
correct it?

Thanks,
Lars

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Well, the answer is that it should be supported of course.
This is one of those method not implemented yet :-(
Please raise a JIRA ...

On Jan 21, 2008 4:38 PM, lhe77 <la...@compart.net> wrote:

> I managed it to get my BC deployed to smx4, but when deploying the
> corresponding SA which uses the BC I get an error.
> The log file display a null pointer exception in the method which is
> building the mbean object name:
> this.getContext().getMBeanNames() is null somehow, but in smx3 this worked
> well.
>
> After adding a check before using getMBeanNames it throw a nullpointer
> exception on:
> this.getContext().getMBeanServer()
> After doing a check here as well, the SA deployed correctly and is working
> like a charm.
>
> No my question is how to implement my own mbean here if those methods
> always
> return null? I use these mbeans for configuring my SU's settings and also
> make them persistent (as file).
>
> Ideas are welcome,
>
> Lars

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: problem with smx4 and MBeans

Posted by lhe77 <la...@compart.net>.
Forgot to say that these things are called in the start() method of my
Endpoint.